CPU usage

Questions and answers regarding the use of eclipse environment as seen in Servoy Developer

CPU usage

Postby Marco R. » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi all,

I'm developing an application with an huge amount of calculation.
I think that it can go faster because I see that JVM just use the 5% of CPY capacity.

Does exist a way to "power up" the code execution? A configuration to set up like the available ram memory into the "Servoy.ini" that I've changed from
512Mb to 2048Mb.
Or the JVM use the CPU as needed (so it takes more cpu in front of more computation need)?

I have some doubts because javascript is an interpreted language..but I would ask it anyway.

I hope I've explained fine the question!

Thanks in advance
Marco
Marco Rossi
Freelance

Main development environment: Servoy 6.1.6 - 7.4.3, Java 1.6u45,7u71 Windows 7/CentOS
Marco R.

Re: CPU usage

Postby ngervasi » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:10 pm

Javascript is interpreted only in developer (to be able to use the debugger), when deploying in server it is compiled.
CPU and memory are just 2 different topics, are you deploying to smart client or web client? Keep in mind that smart client will use the client machine CPU while web client will use the server CPU. The best way to optimize smart client is to make sure that the roundtrips to the db stay as low as possible, latency is your enemy.
Can you explain a bit more what you are trying to do?
Nicola Gervasi
sintpro.com
SAN Partner
ngervasi

Postby jcompagner » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:50 am

that it is compiled for clients is not really the case, webclients are not compiled (for quite a long time) smart clients are but that also can be controlled by a flag.

But if your cpu is only doing 5% then it just has not much to do, even if you are in interpreted mode
Because it would be the other way if your cpu is constant 100% then it would be nice to have something running faster (by compiling it somehow) so that the cpu can do more stuff.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby Marco R. » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:18 am

Ok, thank you all for the replies
Marco Rossi
Freelance

Main development environment: Servoy 6.1.6 - 7.4.3, Java 1.6u45,7u71 Windows 7/CentOS
Marco R.

Return to Eclipse Environment