How to set resource project?

Questions and answers regarding the use of eclipse environment as seen in Servoy Developer

How to set resource project?

Postby deezzub » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:22 am

How can I use my existing resource project, if the resource project is available and I get the following error?:

Resources_project_for_solution.png
Resource project already there
Resources_project_for_solution.png (24.18 KiB) Viewed 2778 times
deezzub

Re: How to set resource project?

Postby Andrei Costescu » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:45 pm

So a project named "resources" is already present in your workspace.
But it is either closed, or doesn't have the "Servoy Resources Project" nature. If it would be a valid/open resources project it would show in the "Use existing resources project" section.

So your options are either to delete/rename the project named "resources" or to choose another name for your new resources project and select "Create new resources project" as you did before - type it in there.

But you said you want to use an existing one. So you have to see what's wrong with that project - if it's supposed to be a resources project; why doesn't it appear in the "existing" list?
See that it is open (have a look at it in "Navigator" view). If it is not open right-click -> "Open project". If you don't see it (I don't think that's the case here) - verify that it is on disk and then choose File -> Import Existing projects into workspace. In it you should see a ".project" file that contains these lines (among others):
Code: Select all
   <natures>
      <nature>com.servoy.eclipse.core.ServoyResources</nature>
   </natures>
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Return to Eclipse Environment