Tip if old Servoy not opening on macOS Catalina

Questions and answers regarding the use of eclipse environment as seen in Servoy Developer

Tip if old Servoy not opening on macOS Catalina

Postby rafig » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:58 pm

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but it's probably more to do with Eclipse than Servoy.
A while back something changed in my Mac setup that caused Servoy 7.4.11 to stop working in Catalina. It had all been fine, but then it suddenly would 'quit' as soon as it had finished opening up in the normal way.
I tried all kinds of things, including deleting stuff from the Eclipse meta data invisible folder that normally helps (so it's like it's opening a fresh install).
I had to resort to using Parallels and a macOS 10.14.6 VM (that allows 32 & 64 bit apps to run).
Today I had a 'Eureka' moment after updating to latest Java & trying to launch again. Servoy seemed to open various form editors, but then did it's usual open of the 'Start Page' and then did it's instant quit.
I then dug out the line from a recent servoy.properties where I had stopped start page in Servoy 2020.12 appearing, pasted it in to my 7.4.11 properties file and VOILA, it worked and opened and is running fine!
So, if anyone is having a similar issue, open your servoy.properties file and paste this line
Code: Select all
servoy.developer.showStartPage=false

near the bottom (it's kind of sorted in alphabetical order), save and then try again.
Hope this helps someone (or even future me ;-) )
Rafi
Servoy Certified Developer
rafig

Re: Tip if old Servoy not opening on macOS Catalina

Postby pitc » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:06 pm

Thanks Rafi, I was looking for this recently.
Tom
Tom
prospect-saas.com
pitc

Postby rafig » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:13 pm

Hi Tom,
hope it works/helps you (makes life a lot easier for me now with these last 2 clients still stuck on 7.4.11...)
Rafi
Servoy Certified Developer
rafig

Postby ROCLASI » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:20 pm

I reinstalled Servoy Developer 7.4.11 and my issues with it went away. Including the fact that it required Java 6 to launch (even though it eventually ran under Java 1.8 ).

Hope this helps.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Return to Eclipse Environment