MYSQL DATABASE - Schema Bleed Over

Questions and answers regarding general SQL and backend databases

MYSQL DATABASE - Schema Bleed Over

Postby dlclark » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:38 pm

Noticing some ODD behavior in the Servoy Developer with MYSQL Database schema instances: for example if you have multiple database connections, like the example_data, svy_security, and my own databases like gob_business_sytem:

When you select a connection in the Solution Explorer/Resources/<database connection> you see a list of all the tables in all the databases, rather than the tables of that connection.

Even when I disable or delete the other connections, the tables still appear in the solution.

This does not seem like this should be the expected behavior!

Daryl
dlclark

Re: MYSQL DATABASE - Schema Bleed Over

Postby ptalbot » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:20 pm

I had the same issue with one of my client when we switched from MySQL 5 to MySQL 8. Suddenly all the datasources were showing all the tables from all databases...
What fixed it was to update the MySQL JDBC driver, make sure it matches the version of the server you are using.
Patrick Talbot
Freelance - Open Source - Servoy Valued Professional
https://www.servoyforge.net
Velocity rules! If you don't use it, you don't know what you're missing!
ptalbot

Postby dlclark » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:28 pm

Thanks,

I had 8.0.27 installed; now I installed the latest JDBC driver mysql-connector.java. 8.0.28.jar.

Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue.
dlclark

Postby wvitpr » Sat May 14, 2022 2:16 am

Hi,
I have just encountered this, we are upgrading from version 5.0 to MySQL version 8.0.29 and JDBC connector 8.0.29 and have 3 databases connected in developer, all 3 can see ALL tables from each other. There must be a way to separate the tables. Also why are we seeing repository_server tables at all. Im thinking maybe its in the JDBC connection parameters Servoy uses as this behavior is not consistent with other SQL tools eg, dBeaver is fine and use's the same driver, any help/insights would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Phillip Routley

Worldview IT
Sydney, Australia
wvitpr

Re: MYSQL DATABASE - Schema Bleed Over SOLVED

Postby wvitpr » Sat May 14, 2022 3:02 am

It seems very logical to me now.. but just put the database name in the Catalog option under Advanced server setting. Just thought to post for others.
Regards,
Phillip Routley

Worldview IT
Sydney, Australia
wvitpr

Return to SQL Databases