Mapping databases

Questions and answers regarding general SQL and backend databases

Mapping databases

Postby maservoy » Wed May 18, 2011 11:26 am

Hello,
we are having trouble when we restart Servoy's service and we think it is related to the database server mapping on tables and fields.
We are using Servoy 5.2 and SQLServer 2008. We use the smart client.

The problem is that Servoy works really slow when there are inserts or updates to do on a database during 2/3 hours after restarting the service.
It only happens on a database - a Navision database with arount 15000 tables; but on Servoy we only use 5 tables - so we need to map it, but we need very few tables.

Is there any way to tell Servoy just to recognize the 5 tables we are using, and not the whole database.
If that was possible, I think that would solve our problems, because Servoy will not need to check the whole database every time the service is restarted.

Thanks in advance,
Miguel Ángel.-
maservoy

Re: Mapping databases

Postby rgansevles » Wed May 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Miguel,

What happens is that in Servoy 5, a client can only access a table from a server when all tables (meta info, not data) from that server are loaded.
In Servoy 6 we improved that, a table can be used by a client even if only part of the table information is loaded.

Rob
Rob Gansevles
Servoy
rgansevles

Re: Mapping databases

Postby juan.cristobo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:29 pm

reopening this old thread...

My Solution only uses around 50 tables of A Navision Database (with >6.500 tables), when I commit o synchronize the solution, Servoy takes a long time because (i think) it has to check all the tables. Is there any way to "filter" the tables to sync?

Regards,
Juan
Madrid (Spain)

Servoy 7.4.x - MySQL / SQL Server 2008-2016
Windows 10 Pro
juan.cristobo

Return to SQL Databases