"ASA Error -98 Authentication violation"

Questions and answers regarding general SQL and backend databases

"ASA Error -98 Authentication violation"

Postby bobcart » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:01 am

After attempting to install Servoy on linux, all went well, but as it was automatically creating the databases, it fails with the error, "ASA Error -98 Authentication violation". I cannot manually import the crm solution or any other. However, the repository does work fine and the styles database also appears.

In doing some research, I've learned that this specific error is related to the OEM license of ASA. Here's one person's comment,

"Authentication violations are related to the OEM version of the Adaptive
Server Anywhere server. The only databases that are licensed to run on this server are those that are specifically being used with the application the OEM server was licensed for.

It sounds like you attempted to load an unauthorized database onto an OEM ASA server."

Another says,

"Basically: You are running the authenticated version of ASA which restricts access to readonly unless you are the OEM we licensed the database to."

Any suggestions?
bobcart

more

Postby bobcart » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:57 am

I've tried several time to reinstall servoy with the asa database. I've tried setting the env variable $LD_LIBRARY_PATH to where sybase is and that doesn't seem to make a difference. Each time the exact same thing happens. I get an error dialog that says, "Exception during preparation for first time use". When I look at the details of the exception in the dialog, it goes on about the -98 error.

When I OK that first dialog, I immediatly get a second that says, "Fatal init, could not start data service". The details of that says, "object already exported".

When I look at the repository, it is there with the styles db in place.

I'm stumped.
bobcart

Postby Jan Aleman » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:05 am

We fixed the OEM license issue in 2.0RC13, we bundled the wrong database engine in 2.0RC12. Can you redownload 2.0RC13 to see how that works for you?
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby bobcart » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:42 pm

Thank you. That did the trick. I did set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the sybase_db directory just in case. However, I did notice that there is a reference in the servoy_properties so I'm not sure this is needed. It's there unless you tell me it isn't needed.

Many thanks,

Bob
bobcart

Postby Jan Aleman » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:05 pm

It indeed looks like you don't have to set the path anymore. Our product is even more advanced than I thought it was.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Return to SQL Databases