problems with servoy and ms sql

Questions and answers regarding general SQL and backend databases

problems with servoy and ms sql

Postby ititpro » Wed May 05, 2004 2:42 pm

hi,
i'm evaluating servoy with a sql server 2000 backend at the moment, but there are some strange things.

as i already read in this forum, i need to swith the select method to "cursor". if i do so, my solution gets very slow. is there a database backend that can deal better with servoy or is something wrong with my settings?

thx
timo
ititpro

Postby Harjo » Wed May 05, 2004 2:57 pm

Hi! and welcome to the Servoy-forum

I think no one can answer that question, you must be more specefic!

What strange things? Which setting do you think is wrong? etc..etc..

I now there are people using mssql and mysql without a problem.
Have you tried the Sybase-DB which is included in the 2.0 release?
Harjo

i'll try it again

Postby ititpro » Thu May 06, 2004 10:38 am

hi,
thanks for your quick answer. our current database is based on ms sql so i'll have to deal with it in my servoy project (and at first in my tests), too. i think the cause of my problems may be a wrong configuration of a n-m relation. here is what i did:
- there are 3 tables: company, person and personrole
- personrole contains in general of an id, company_id and person_id
- now i wanted to display all persons that are assigned to a company in the company form
- servoy got the relation from company to personrole and from person to personrole with the auto function from my database
- now i placed a tab in the company window to display a personrole form over the company_to_personrole relation
- in the personrole form i placed a tab to show a person form with the person data; for this i had to add a relation from personrole to person with person_id as primary key and the id of my persons table as foreign key.
now if i view the company from i cannot edit the fields reached through two tabs. is this right? i'd like to edit them!
if i open the personrole form and browse through the persons, sometimes i can edit them, sometimes i can't. after editing one item with every click some person items change their place and sometimes appear two times. i think the reason is the relation from personrole to persons because here i cpecified a field as primany key that isn't really unique... but how can i make this better?

i hope for help, because i like servoy and i like the concept of it :)
cu
tr

p.s. i hope this is the right forum for stupid newbie questions
ititpro

Postby Jan Aleman » Mon May 10, 2004 11:12 am

Have you considered using the technique described in this article?

http://www.servoymagazine.com/modules.p ... icle&sid=9
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Return to SQL Databases