Reserved words

Questions and answers regarding general SQL and backend databases

Reserved words

Postby jos@devoon.nl » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:57 pm

When I connect a solution with a MSSQL db (skip system tables enabled) there is always an error on importing the solution in the application server:

'Reserved words used as table or column names: tables: domains; columns: module_name'

It is impossible to import the solution without checking:
'Allow reserved SQL keywords as table or column names (will fail unless supported by the backend database)'

Can anyone explain this?
Jos Uitenbogaard
Devoon
jos@devoon.nl

Re: Reserved words

Postby kwpsd » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi, Jos.

'Reserved words used as table or column names: tables: domains; columns: module_name'

The message is telling you that your table name 'domains' is a reserved keyword. Reference the URL below for more details:

https://wiki.servoy.com/display/public/DOCS/Reserved+keywords;jsessionid=7497A2D82F9E5F573C1331084DC92510

I hope this helps!
Kim W. Premuda
San Diego, CA USA
kwpsd

Postby jos@devoon.nl » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 am

Hi Kim, Thanks for your reply, so far the only one :)
But that is not my point. My point is that I respect all those reserved words: I dont have tables or columns named 'domain' etc. But nevertheless Servoy is complaining. A mssql database creates these tables automaticly and uses it undoubtly for its own bookkeeping. I would expect Servoy to ignore these tables and for most of it it does. Except for this one... (I always check 'skip system tabbles' in the database connection)
Jos Uitenbogaard
Devoon
jos@devoon.nl

Postby GabrielWyss » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi Jos
If you select the option 'Export all tables from referenced servers' while exporting your solution, with a SQL-Server there will also exported some System-View. Regardless of whether the option 'Skip System Tables' is set or not. Perhaps, this is your problem.
Gabriel Wyss
om computer - SAN Partner
http://www.omcomputer.ch
GabrielWyss

Postby jos@devoon.nl » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi Gabriel,
That must be it. I have to check that option, otherwise some tables that are needed will be ignored.
So be it...
At least I know now why!
Tnx
Jos Uitenbogaard
Devoon
jos@devoon.nl

Return to SQL Databases