Setting up new database error

Questions and answers regarding general SQL and backend databases

Setting up new database error

Postby Morley » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:18 pm

When Servoy Developer launches, an extremely fast flash message appears on the screen (in advance of Servoy's usual product identification screen), then disappears before it can be seen. R2 2.0.3-build 276 Java 1.4.2_04-b05 Windows XP.

I'm attempting to establish a new iAnywhere database. Following Bob Cusick's tutorial, I'm successful on my Mac, but exactly the same steps yields this error on my PC when attempting to set up the server from within Servoy Preferences:

Cannot setup server. java.sql.SQLException: JZ00L: Login Failed. Examine SQL warnings chained to this exception for the reason(s).

How do I examine the SQL warnings? Is that the fast flash screen on opening Servoy Developer?
Morley

Postby bcusick » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:03 pm

Hi Morley,

Make sure you're entering the username and password correctly. The default username for a new ASA database is DBA and the password is SQL.

Bob Cusick
bcusick

Postby Morley » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:46 pm

bcusick wrote:Hi Morley,

Make sure you're entering the username and password correctly. The default username for a new ASA database is DBA and the password is SQL.

Bob Cusick

Done that. Tried with all caps and all lower case. Makes no difference.

Now I'm getting this error when starting up Servoy.

"Fatal init. Could not load/init the database servers definitions from servoy.properties" "java.sql.SQLException:JZ006:Caught IO Exception:
java.net.ConnectException:Connection refused:connect"

I've now rebooted the computer and launched Servoy again. I'm now getting a very brief iAnywhere dialogue which gets overlaid and dismissed by Servoy before I can get a chance to read it. Followed by the above Fatal Init error message.

Kind regards,

Morley
Morley

Postby bcusick » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:14 pm

Go to the "Designer" tab of the "Preferences". At the bottom of the dialog - in the startup launcher - MAKE SURE you have exactly this string:

Code: Select all
sybase_db\dbsrv9.exe|@sybase_db\sybase.config

Bob
bcusick

Postby Morley » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:44 pm

bcusick wrote:Go to the "Designer" tab of the "Preferences". At the bottom of the dialog - in the startup launcher - MAKE SURE you have exactly this string:

Code: Select all
sybase_db\dbsrv9.exe|@sybase_db\sybase.config

Bob

The above is EXACTLY what's there.

Regards,

Morley
Morley

Return to SQL Databases