Servoy not generating SQL data from form

Questions and answers regarding general SQL and backend databases

Servoy not generating SQL data from form

Postby craigcornish » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:23 pm

I have encountered an issue in which my customer states that they enter information in data collection forms which, at the end of data entry and save, will create a "report". This report can then be viewed and/or exported by other users.
The "Save" action is a function that changes the report from a draft state to a state in which high-level users can then approve the report.

Due to the way in which the controls on the pages are tied to database objects, the row in the database table which maintains this report data is generated and updated prior to the user "Saving" the report. This row is updated multiple times automatically based on data entry using the controls on the form page.

The customer states that they created multiple reports prior to this one report not being saved in the database. I reviewed the database table and verified that data for multiple reports was stored during the time in question.

I have reviewed the servoy logs and found no errors/exceptions that indicate there was an issue during the time in which this happened.

I have also manually disabled the network on the database machine to see what happens with the application (a separate application machine) to see if I could cause this issue to no avail.

I was wondering if anyone else out there has encountered an issue of this nature and if so, what the resolution was.

Thank you for your time!
craigcornish

Return to SQL Databases