changing solution to another DB

Questions and answers regarding general SQL and backend databases

changing solution to another DB

Postby DFehrenbach » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:56 pm

I have a solution that was originally developed in Firebird. All the tables are stored in user_data.GDB connection in the repository.
I have just created a new DB connection for Sybase with a new db connection name (not user_data)
I exported the Firebird solution and successfully imported it into the new Sybase connection.
When I launch the new solution from Sybase I expected to see all of the tables blank, but they still have data in them from the old connection. I also noted that all the forms and tables reference the user_data server connection. Do I have to change the properties on all of the objects and relationships to reference the new connection, or is there an easier way to do this?

Also,
When I connect to the database using Sybase Central, I do not see any tables. I assumed they would be created when I imported the solution.
DFehrenbach

wrt...

Postby ve3cnu » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:31 pm

Also, When I connect to the database using Sybase Central, I do not see any tables. I assumed they would be created when I imported the solution.

If you right click on the database can in the left pane you will see filter objects by owner...

check which owners you are interested in and there you are![/quote]
ve3cnu

Postby DFehrenbach » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:45 pm

Thanks, but DBA and Public are checked already and no solution tables appear. When I select all users I see a ton of tables but they all seem to be system tables-none of the solution tables.
DFehrenbach

Postby ve3cnu » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:22 pm

..then they did not migrate.
ve3cnu

Postby Jan Aleman » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:46 pm

By default servoy tries to import to the same named connection as your solution was built on. In most cases this is what you want and very comfortable. If you are migrating from one db to another on the same machine simply rename the old connection to something else, that way Servoy won't find the connection at import and prompt you for a connection at which point you can point it to the new connection.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Return to SQL Databases