sybase could not load the backup/restore DLL lybsybbr.dylib

Questions and answers regarding general SQL and backend databases

sybase could not load the backup/restore DLL lybsybbr.dylib

Postby atm_miguel » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:14 pm

I had the error message in the title appear in Sybase Central when I was trying to restore a SQL Anywhere database on an OSX system. The backup archive came from a Windows XP archive created also with Syb Central. At other times Syb Central just freezes while trying to perform the restore. I did this on a minimal test database file with one table only, no records, after I failed trying with my main database.

I tried just copying the ASA db files directly from the XP system to OSX, into the database folder, but when trying to spawn a server and open the database sybase dbeng9 gives the error

*** ERROR *** Assertion failed: 100204 (9.0.0.1121)

Doing a straight migration from server to server in Syb Central is a little difficult since the OSX does not have ODBC installed, and I rather not have to go into that mess, and I am developing overseas for my client in the US, making the upload time inconvenient for repeated migrations over the development span. I rather zip backups and restore from Syb Central. Any suggestions as to how to migrate successfully? What about the Syb Central restore bug?

Thanks, keep up the good work.

Miguel
atm_miguel

Postby ve3cnu » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:20 pm

Assertions and what to do about them can be found here:

http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1010805
ve3cnu

Return to SQL Databases