Servoy with Linux Cpanel/WHM dedicated server

Questions and answers regarding general SQL and backend databases

Servoy with Linux Cpanel/WHM dedicated server

Postby beerguy » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:36 am

From what I understand, the Servoy application server can be situated on my Linux dedicated server. BUt is anyone doing this with a Cpanel based Linux box (connecting to MySQL)? The demo I saw was great, but the connection was local to the machine or to the servers in Denmark. I need to know how this is going to work on the machine I choose to use.

About Cpanel (from cpanel.net)
cPanel & WebHost Manager (WHM) is a next generation web hosting control panel system. Both cPanel & WHM are extremely feature rich as well as include an easy to use web based interface (GUI).

WHM allows you to but is not limited to administering individual accounts, reseller accounts & performing basic system & control panel maintenance via a secure interface. For a complete list of features including screen shots of WHM, please click here.

cPanel is designed for the end users of your system and allows them to control everything from adding / removing email accounts to administering MySQL databases. For a comprehensive list of cPanel features including screen shots, please click here.
beerguy

Re: Servoy with Linux Cpanel/WHM dedicated server

Postby Bert » Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:50 pm

beerguy wrote:please click here.

This link doesn't work :(
Bert de Graaff
ATB Software Servoy Developer manage your business anywhere
Bert

Postby beerguy » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:58 am

Sorry about that, try this now http://www.cpanel.net

Cpanel now includes the ability toset a remote host to a particular DB; not sure if Servoy connects that way...

I guess the answer may lie in my being the guinea pig...

and I volunteer for that duty as a future member of the Servoy Alliance Network (tomorrow).

Thanks,

Jamie
beerguy

Postby beerguy » Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:25 am

So, the DB servers preference asks you for

Server Name
Username
Password
Database Location
Driver
Catalog
Schema

I would like Servoy to access a MySQL db on my server and I have a few questison:

Server Name - this is just a name for Servoy right?
Username & Password - of the mySQL db I am sure

now what do I put here? My IP or domain name?

jdbc:mysql://localhost/<database_name>

I imagine it's whatever domain is serving up the db and that the jdbc will will know how to navigate to mySQL. (I have already set up the server MySQL DB for remote access. I am unsure if I have to with Servoy, I imagine I do.)

Finally, what are

Catalog
Schema

for?

If anyone could let me know what those fields typically say, it would be helpful!

Jamie
beerguy

Postby Jan Aleman » Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:27 am

Server name is just how you call it in Servoy

jdbc:mysql://localhost/<database_name>

replace localhost with the IP or domainname of the database server
replace database_name with the name of the database

Leave catalog and schema empty. Catalog is commonly used in DB/2 databases, Schema is commonly used in Oracle databases.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Return to SQL Databases