Date and time fields

Questions and answers regarding general SQL and backend databases

Date and time fields

Postby nric » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:34 pm

Hi to all,
I'm looking for a reliable way to connect to databases that works only with ODBC drivers. I have succeed that by using two different ways, but .... both do not work properly when dealing with distinct fields for dates and times!

For testing I have used the PervasivePSQL V8 database that has also JDBC drivers.

It seems that when servoy doesn't recognize the date and time fields as datetime types, everything works correctly. When these are treated as datetime types, are NOT handled correctly.

Any suggestion ? Is there a way to manually change the type of a field ?

It follows a report of my tests:

When working with JDBC
Date and time fields gets type <unknown>.
The data appears correctly. Date and time fields can be used as primary keys.

When working with EasySoft JDBC-ODBC bridge
At the date fields it is displayed also zero time (00:00).
The time fields appears blank.
I cannot use the date and the time fields as primary keys.

Date and time fields gets type datetime.
When accessing the tables from EasySoft WebAdministation, date and times fields appears correctly.

When working with Sybase Remote Servers
- When adding a new a remote from Sybase Central to the servoy_repository I get the error:
Could not execute store DLL (dbcis10.dll) entry point.
SQLCODE=647, ODBC 3 State=HY000
Line 1, column 1

- To overcome this error, I have copied all files from SQL Anywhere 10\Win32 to the Sybase_db folder. The files of Win32 are more recent compared to the original ones. At this point I have been able to create a Remote server and Proxy Tables.

- When pressing OK, after defining the primary keys in the dataprovider of servoy, the Sql Anywhere server (dbsrv10.exe) enters in a infinite loop and has to be killed manually.

- By restarting the server and Servoy the primary keys appears properly saved.

- The remaining problems at this point are: 1) I get errors when using as primary date fields and time fields. 2) The time fields appears with zero date (01/01/1970) and the date fields appears with zero time (00:00).

Date and time fields gets the type datetime.
When accessing the tables from Sybase Central, date and times fields appears correctly.
nric

Return to SQL Databases