[discussion] Location of the server

Questions and Answers on installation, deployment, management, locking, tranasactions of Servoy Application Server

[discussion] Location of the server

Postby Bert » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:16 pm

Hi All,
I know it depends on the customer and kind of information the solution holds, but I'm wondering what might be the best location of Servoy Server deploying business solutions.
There are several options like: at the office of the developer, at the office of the customer, a dedicated server at an ISP because they already got the right connections and support etc.
I'd like to hear your comments and/or suggestions with motivation.

Many thanks in advance... :)
Bert de Graaff
ATB Software Servoy Developer manage your business anywhere
Bert

Postby automazione » Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:07 pm

I know it depends on the customer and kind of information the solution holds

if the costumer has more than one office.. the ISP can be a good choice... but if the ISP is a big one can be expensive and tricky to physically access your server for maintenance (ticket, booking, time, etc....). A good connection in the costumer's main office with a fixed IP I think can be a good choice or... syncronization of his remote locations....

As a developer if your office has a good connection and .... never closes for holidays .... can also be a nice idea to sell the service (asp like) to your costumer....

as you stated in your question... depends on the costumer.. Servoy will follow your ... and that is why i love it...
Enrico Arata
Servoy Italia
automazione

Return to Servoy Server