Servoy Application Server not running

Questions and Answers on installation, deployment, management, locking, tranasactions of Servoy Application Server

Servoy Application Server not running

Postby jtonyhdz » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:02 pm

Hello everybody

I have installed servoy on a Windows 7 machine and on a linux server, but i can't get the Servoy Application Server to run on any machine. When i run the servoy_server.bat for the windows 7 computer or the servor_server.sh for linux, nothing happened, it looks like the program tries to run but terminates and none application started.

The only way that i have access to the servoy application server is with servoy developer. I´m using and running PostgreSQL 9.2 and i check that the database server is up and running.

I have tried with the servoy server as a service too and even when the service is up and running, i can´t get access to the Servoy Admin page through my browser, using http://localhost:8080/servoy-admin.

Please any clue on how to solve my problem.

Thanks anyway.

José Hernández
jtonyhdz

Re: Servoy Application Server not running

Postby Ruben79 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:25 am

Can you try to run the server.bat from a command prompt? That will show you any error message that gets generated while starting up Servoy.
Ruben de Jong
Stb Software Development
SAN Partner

Stb Software Development - http://www.stb.nl
Ruben79

Postby jasantana » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:38 am

Good morning Jose.

Is your repository accesible from pgAdmin for example?
Best regards,
Juan Antonio Santana Medina
jasantana@nephos-solutions.co.uk
Servoy MVP 2015
Servoy 6.x - Servoy 7.x - Servoy 8.x - MySQL - PostgreSQL - Visual Foxpro 9
jasantana

Postby jtonyhdz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:38 pm

Ruben79 wrote:Can you try to run the server.bat from a command prompt? That will show you any error message that gets generated while starting up Servoy.

When i run the servoy_server.bat nothing happened, the command delay some 10 seconds and then returns to the command prompt, but no message at all. I have the Servoy Application Server as a service, and even when the the service is started i can't have access to the servoy_server through the localhost:8080/servoy-admin. Like i said before the only way that i have access is when the servoy depelover is active.
jtonyhdz

Postby jtonyhdz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:46 pm

jasantana wrote:Good morning Jose.

Is your repository accesible from pgAdmin for example?

Yes it is. At the beginning i though it was a problem with postgresql, so i installed the postgresql odbc to see if was that the server was inaccessible, but i can connect with any of the databases using Excel, pgadmin and even from the servoy developer.
jtonyhdz

Postby jtonyhdz » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Hello guys

I apreciate for your time with this topic. Like a begginer with Servoy i was confuse with the repository concept, but after a more reading i finally understand the way it works and after reading the servoy_log.txt generated after trying to run Servoy Server so many times, I saw that the problem was that the servoy_repository database was missing. What i did was to create the database in postgresql and next i recreate the repository with the "servoy_server.bat -upgradeRepository" command and boala now i can access my solutions through my web browser.

I repeat thank you guys for your time.

Best regards.
jtonyhdz

Return to Servoy Server