connection to server will not release after disconnect

Questions and Answers on installation, deployment, management, locking, tranasactions of Servoy Application Server

connection to server will not release after disconnect

Postby stevek » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:18 am

Hello All!

I am using Servoy 6.4 on a Centos 6.4 server with Java JDK 7

My RMI setting is 60

My ping delay is 60

Connection mode is 2way socket (with http / socket setting folks were being disconnected)

When a connection is severed by PC locking, internet disconnects, etc, the connection is being held (seen on servoy admin page) for quite a long time. Only after 5 min or so, or the person rebooting the PC will it finally disappear from the admin page.

As we have a "1 concurrent connection" method in servoy, the person is unable to reconnect without aggravations.

Can I adjust the RMI or ping delay, so servoy drops the connection when the client is no longer connected quicker?

Thanks for any input
stevek

Re: connection to server will not release after disconnect

Postby jcompagner » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:54 pm

rmi or ping delay has nothing to do with client finally disappearing or being removed from the server (this is also not directly a connection but more some state that we have for that client)
That removing of a stale client (that doesn't have a connection anymore) only happens after 5 minutes (can be a bit longer depending on how often it checks)

I dont get why it can't reconnect when the connection is gone for 2 minutes and it reconnects it just should reconnect just fine. (if it is still the same smart client)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Servoy Server