No License or Trial License available.

Questions and Answers on installation, deployment, management, locking, tranasactions of Servoy Application Server

No License or Trial License available.

Postby DFehrenbach » Thu May 06, 2004 9:21 pm

I have just deployed Servoy Server. When I access Client from the URL http://localhost:8080/ the Client program will start and show me the solutions, but quits with the message: "No Licenses or Trial License Left. Exiting". I was under the impression that a Developer License came with one Server License and one Client license. Is this not so?
I went to the Server License administration page and cut and pasted the License from developer, and I still get a "Bad Code" error on Server, but not on Developer.
DFehrenbach

Postby david » Thu May 06, 2004 11:12 pm

In my experience, one client at a time will load when a trial version of Developer is active. Server runs without a license but no clients can access it.

- David
david

Postby DFehrenbach » Fri May 07, 2004 12:01 am

Thanks for your reply. My situation is that I have 1 Developer license, I have initiated the Server service and find that the License code, the same one that works fine under Developer, shows as a "Bad Code", and that 0 users will be able to connect. I suspect that there is something else going on.
DFehrenbach

Postby david » Fri May 07, 2004 12:10 am

Your developer license is exactly that -- a license to use developer. With that you get one test client license and one test server license. So one test client will load up when you are running developer. You can also start up server and check out all the server admin pages. However, you cannot run server and have one client load up.

To do this, you will need to enter valid client licenses in the server admin page for this.

- David
david

Postby DFehrenbach » Fri May 07, 2004 12:47 am

OK, so how do I load the test client?
DFehrenbach

Postby Harjo » Fri May 07, 2004 8:29 am

Stop the server, start developer and than do:
http://localhost:8080 in a browser.
Harjo

Return to Servoy Server