What type of app is Servoy Server?

Questions and Answers on installation, deployment, management, locking, tranasactions of Servoy Application Server

What type of app is Servoy Server?

Postby toddgeist » Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:58 pm

I mean is it a servlet? middleware, or what. I guess I just want to know what it is built out of. I thought I remember hearing at some time that it was built on top of TomCat and apache, but I am not sure.

What apps is it most similar to? Technology wise.

Any info would be useful?

Thanks

todd
toddgeist

Postby Jan Aleman » Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:17 pm

Servoy is a multithreaded Java application. It's spawns multiple threads as necessary to process client requests, data connections, tomcat processes, etc.

Tomcat (from the apache group) runs inside Servoy Server to support the Java Web Start page to launch Servoy client and Servoy Server also has a Java Servlet through which it is managed.

All client communication is done through RMI (Remote Method Invocation). I'm not sure if there are comparable applications you could compare it too, Servoy Server combines the necessary technologies to offer the optimal performance combined with ease of use.

Concluding:
-Servoy does contain a servlet
-Servoy is middleware in the sense that it sits between the database and the client
-Servoy is a standalone Java Application
Jan Aleman

Return to Servoy Server