How to upgrade Tomcat\Apache

Questions and Answers on installation, deployment, management, locking, tranasactions of Servoy Application Server

How to upgrade Tomcat\Apache

Postby wes.s.grayson » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:23 pm

My application is running on Servoy 5.2.8. Our Information Systems group scanned my server and have mandated that I upgrade Apache to a newer version. Does anyone know how I would go about upgrading the Apache that comes bundled with Servoy?

thanks
wes.s.grayson

Re: How to upgrade Tomcat\Apache

Postby ROCLASI » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:44 pm

Hi Wes,

From Servoy 6.1.0 and up you can export WAR files to existing application servers like Tomcat, JBoss, Glassfish, etc.
Before that you couldn't use any other application server other than the one bundled with Servoy (i.e. Tomcat). Now I guess you could try to upgrade the Apache Tomcat server in 5.2.x but I don't know if that will work and/or is supported by Servoy. Perhaps Servoy can shed some light on this.
Anyway, I think the 'easiest' way to upgrade your Apache Tomcat server is to upgrade Servoy to, lets say, 7.3.x.

Hope this helps.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Re: How to upgrade Tomcat\Apache

Postby jcompagner » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:00 am

the server/lib dir can just be upgraded to a newer tomcat release,
The problem is that classpath wise (especially if the jump is big) can be a bit tricky, so you then need to check a few things (wrapper.conf or server batch files and maybe some other tomcat specific configuration files)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Servoy Server