Server start/restart issues - Mac OS X

Questions and Answers on installation, deployment, management, locking, tranasactions of Servoy Application Server

Server start/restart issues - Mac OS X

Postby dponti » Mon May 17, 2004 8:13 pm

I have Servoy Server (2.0.1 build 274) running on Mac OS X 10.3.3. The repository resides on the same computer in the Sybase database, and I also have two data sources connected to the same PostgreSQL database that also happens to currently be running on the same computer.

I have noticed that trying to restart the server using the Server admin web page does not work. The message I receive on the web page says that the server is restarting, but nothing changes after that. When I looked at the processes running on the computer I see that the java app is still running, as is the Sybase database (dbsrvr9), but the connections to the postgreSQL databases are gone and I cannot connect to the Servoy admin pages or the index page via the browser. Getting the server running again and everything cleaned up requires a new start from the command line and killing the old java process.

Also, I have noticed that I cannot start Servoy server from the command line shell script directly after the computer has been rebooted. Apparently the Sybase database is not started so those data source connections cannot be made. So, I first have to start Developer (which starts up the Sybase database), shut Developer down, and then start up Server from the command line.

Also, shutting down Servoy Server from the Admin web pages leaves the Sybase database process running. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but not what I expected when using the recommended "clean" shutdown procedure from the web pages.

How do I get the start/shutdown procedure to work properly and how do I fix the restart behavior?
dponti

Postby Jan Blok » Tue May 18, 2004 9:09 pm

We will lookinto the restart issue
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Return to Servoy Server