Upgrading Servoy Server 7.1.0 to current [2035] [SOLVED]

Questions and Answers on installation, deployment, management, locking, tranasactions of Servoy Application Server

Upgrading Servoy Server 7.1.0 to current [2035] [SOLVED]

Postby richh » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:31 pm

In maintenance mode, my upgrading a production server on Centos 6 from Servoy 7.1.0 to current 2035 using servoy_updater.jar resulted in 'Done, Servoy can be started'. The App Server had been running for two years: very reliably. My reason for upgrading was a new solution developed on a current Servoy Developer requiring a matching Application Server release.
As a result of the Application Server upgrade, the Server can be started in Terminal with the command service ServoyServer start, but fails to continue for more than a minute or so.

Examining results of command service ServoyServer status we see the following sequence of events:
1. Servoy Application Server is running: PID:12856, Wrapper:STARTED, Java:STARTING
2. Servoy Application Server is running: PID:12856, Wrapper:STARTED, Java:STARTED
3. Servoy Application Server is running: PID:12856, Wrapper:STARTED, Java:LAUNCH(DELAY)
4. Servoy Application Server is running: PID:12856, Wrapper:STARTED, Java:STOPPED
5. Servoy Application Server is not running.

Within the application_server folder is a log file hs_err_pid11971.log which reports a fatal Java Runtime Environment error. This error log can be viewed at https://www.dropbox.com/s/eixx6su3e3dlk82/hs_err_pid11971.log?dl=0.

Does this log suggest that I need to upgrade JRE in addition to the Servoy Application Server?

Grateful for your insights to this pressing problem.

SOLUTION: In the event this proved to be a result of my not starting Servoy Server with the upgradeRepository flag. Once I had done that (with nil response), Servoy Application Server started up OK.
Richard Hinder
Chartered Engineer and priest
richh

Return to Servoy Server