Running several applications with 1 servoy server

Questions and Answers on installation, deployment, management, locking, tranasactions of Servoy Application Server

Running several applications with 1 servoy server

Postby phschmid » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:27 am

I have two web-client applications hosted by the same servoy application server. When a user opens both applications in 2 different windows in the same Browser (Chrome, Firefox or Safari), the first web window becomes non-responsive (after checking in the admin page), the first webclient seems to be simply disconnected.

When running both applications simultaneously through 2 different browsers, everything works fine. The user can use both web applications.

Is this normal ? If yes, it is a serious limitation. I always thought that it was not possible/easy to have several sessions for the same application in the same browser, but thought that we could open different applications from the same servoy server in one browser.

Obviously, it would be possible to package both apps in wars, and run 2 servoy application servers. But wouldn't it also double the licences costs ?

May be I missed something.
Many thanks for some insights.
phschmid

Re: Running several applications with 1 servoy server

Postby jcompagner » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:29 pm

yes this is a limitation, the http session is shared across the whole browser instance (over all windows and tabs)

you don't really need 2 application servers, you only need 2 different urls (pointing to the same server)
so:

app1.yourserver.com and app2.yourserver.com

both can point to the same ip adress/same server instance
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Servoy Server