Repository and WAR deployment

Questions and Answers on installation, deployment, management, locking, tranasactions of Servoy Application Server

Repository and WAR deployment

Postby steve1376656734 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:00 pm

Hi,

What is the recommended way of getting the Servoy repository created when using a WAR deployment on a brand new server. There doesn't appear to be a way to create the repository using the -upgradeRepository method as there is no Servoy server to speak of.

Thanks
Steve
Steve
SAN Developer
There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't
steve1376656734

Re: Repository and WAR deployment

Postby mboegem » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:26 pm

https://wiki.servoy.com/display/public/ ... Deployment

Database connections and .war deployment
The needed database connections (including the repository server DB connection) have to be operational (so already started) before deploying the .war file. This is not much different from a normal application server where you would also need the repository connection operational before starting the server.

I guess just having the databases up and running will be enough en deploying the WAR file will take care of this itself.
Marc Boegem
Solutiative / JBS Group, Partner
• Servoy Certified Developer
• Servoy Valued Professional
• Freelance Developer

Partner of Tower - The most powerful Git client for Mac and Windows
mboegem

Postby steve1376656734 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:51 pm

Thanks for the reply Marc.

My question was prompted by trying just what you said and I got a weird error about the repository not being available. I have just cleared the whole server down and reinstalled everything and it works just as you say so I'm not sure what happened the first time :(

I am having some real fun and games trying to set up my first server using WAR deployment and it has been a VERY steep learning curve. I tried a few weeks ago and seemed to get a long way with it but then it all came crashing down and starting again from scratch has been a nightmare.

Hopefully it is all stable again now but thanks for your help.

Steve
Steve
SAN Developer
There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't
steve1376656734

Postby Andrei Costescu » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

Try to access the admin page of the war deployment as well if this happens again.
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Return to Servoy Server