Server Crash

Questions and Answers on installation, deployment, management, locking, tranasactions of Servoy Application Server

Server Crash

Postby Riccardino » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:44 pm

Half an hour ago I uploaded a new version to a customer (I've already done it a lot of times). But today something went wrong and Servoy Server remained unreacheable (the address http://serverip/servoy-admin didn't answer, client download was still working but there were no solutions available).

Since today I experienced some problem withmy ADSL line, the cause could have been an interruption during the upload. But in situations like that, shouldn't Servoy Server treat the new version's upload like a transaction?
ciao, ric
Riccardino

Postby sebster » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:56 pm

Yes it certainly does treat it as a transaction. Just losing the connection should be no problem at all for Servoy Server.

What do you mean servoy-admin did not answer:
1) did the connection succeed but did you not receive any data
2) the connection failed because servoy was no longer listening at that port (connection refused)
3) the connection failed because the port was no longer reachable (timeout on connection)

Do you have any log of the incident? For example .log.txt in the root directory? (If you restarted Servoy this log is overwritten unfortunately). Do you have any specific error messages? Was the database server still reachable? Did it generate any error messages?

I would like to resolve this issue for you, but I will need more information.
Sebastiaan van Erk
Servoy
sebster

Postby Riccardino » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:27 pm

sebster wrote:Yes it certainly does treat it as a transaction. Just losing the connection should be no problem at all for Servoy Server.

What do you mean servoy-admin did not answer:
1) did the connection succeed but did you not receive any data
2) the connection failed because servoy was no longer listening at that port (connection refused)
3) the connection failed because the port was no longer reachable (timeout on connection)

The server administration page was unreacheable (it didn't open at all); the client launch page was still available, but launching the client only made the client app start, but no solution was available for opening.

sebster wrote:Do you have any log of the incident? For example .log.txt in the root directory? (If you restarted Servoy this log is overwritten unfortunately). Do you have any specific error messages?

Unfortunately, I don't have any log (the problem occurred when I was far from my customer's location, so I didn't have the chance to save any log)
sebster wrote: Was the database server still reachable? Did it generate any error messages?

I don't know if Sybase was still reachable because the port of ASA is not open on customer's router (I normally don't need to access it directly, from WAN: I always access it using Servoy).
It didn't generate any error: the admin page didn't load and the solutions weren't available, but no error.
sebster wrote:I would like to resolve this issue for you, but I will need more information.

Thanks for your help: is greatly appreciated :)
ciao, ric
Riccardino

Postby Riccardino » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:52 pm

It happened again. Not sure how the error generates. I just clicked on an option (CLIENTS) while the IMPORT windows was giving the importing messages.
Result: server admin page not reachable (only the client launch page).
No problems with ADSL line.
After restarting the server, the new solution wasn't there.
I saved the log, before restarting, but there's nothing useful I'm afraid:
Starting Servoy from /usr/local/servoyServoy R2 2.0.4 build-277 on Linux using Java 1.4.2Looking for servoy.properties on /root/servoy.propertiesLoading servoy.properties from /usr/local/servoy/servoy.propertiesLoading - DoneUsing RMI registry on port 1099Looking for servoy.properties on /root/servoy.propertiesLoading servoy.properties from /usr/local/servoy/servoy.propertiesLoading - Done
ciao, ric
Riccardino

Return to Servoy Server