Deploying a solution via the net.

Questions and Answers on installation, deployment, management, locking, tranasactions of Servoy Application Server

Deploying a solution via the net.

Postby Morley » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:39 pm

Here's my current understanding. I can set up a web page where prospective users can download a Servoy Client. By some means I'm not yet clear on, this client will automatically go to the related server, not elsewhere.

Assuming the above is correct, can virgin users skip the security log-in dialogue and switch directly to a welcome screen? On all subsequent runs of the client software the security log-in appears requiring a known name and password.

Can such a scenario be provided for in Servoy? If so, I'd appreciate appropriate page references in the documentation and/or comments.
Morley

Postby patrick » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:43 pm

I don't think that will work. You could something like this:

You have a user "new user" defined in security. Every new user has to log in with that account. If that account logs in, you show something where the user can identify himself. Then you create an account with that information. The user logs out and logs in again with his new account.
patrick

Postby Morley » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:49 pm

Supplemental question.

Is there a flag in the Server to recognize or identify a specific and unique iteration of a Client application?

If so, then virgin users can be identified and potentially separately handled on their first session.
Morley Chalmers
7Office Inc.
Morley

Return to Servoy Server