solution syncronization problem

Questions and Answers on installation, deployment, management, locking, tranasactions of Servoy Application Server

solution syncronization problem

Postby gstein » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:33 pm

I am having trouble syncronizing two servoy databases.

What I did was:

1. Went into Servoy repository on machine A, selected a solution (named peer), version 1, and exported it to a file without sample data and without protection.

2. Went into Servoy repository on machine B and imported the solution. That went fine.

3. On machine B, I added a button to an existing form.

4. On machine B, I went to the repository and exported the peer solution to a file without sample data and without protection.

5. Went into Servoy repository on machine A and tried to import the solution. I was expecting to get the Respoitory Import dialog with the option to overwrite local forms, but instead I got the following error message:

com.servoy.j2db.persistence.RepositoryException: com.servoy.j2db.persistence.RepositoryException: com.servoy.j2db.persistence.RepositoryException: There is already a solution with the name peer
Reserved words used as table or column names: columns: type type password type type type type type type type type sort type type type type type sort sort;

I also tried creating a new version of the same solution on machine B and then importing it into machine A but I got the same result.

What am I doing wrong?
gstein

Postby jcompagner » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:46 am

can you try to select the button "allow reserved words" in the import dialog?

If that doesn't help, do you have the 2 solution files (the first one of A, and the second one of B with that button) so that i can test it myself? (importing both on top of each other)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby gstein » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:56 am

I tried selecting the "allow reserved words" before. Its needed to create the first copy of the solution. I also select it when I am importing the changed copy, but that doesn't help.

Attached are the two files. peer.servoy is the first instance, peer1.servoy is the second. They do not have data. If you want me to make a version with data included let me know.

Thanks for your help!
Attachments
peer1.servoy
(46.52 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
peer.servoy
(46.33 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
gstein

Postby jcompagner » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:21 pm

didn't you do a import as when in imported the solution for the first time in repository B?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby gstein » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:03 am

Yes. That is exactly what I did. I tried to import peer1.servoy into repository A the same way I imported peer.servoy into repository B. That is when I got the error message.

Did it work ok for you?
gstein

Postby jcompagner » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:07 pm

No it don't work.
Because it sees those 2 solution as 2 different things now.
This does happen if you do a "Import As" (instead of just "Import") So if you have done that then it can't be merged again.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Servoy Server