Entering Client Licenses in Servoy Server...

Questions and Answers on installation, deployment, management, locking, tranasactions of Servoy Application Server

Entering Client Licenses in Servoy Server...

Postby Providence1 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:22 pm

What am I doing wrong?

I cannot hit the Servoy server unless Developer is running (I can only hit it from a machine other than the server it's running on) and when I do there is no place to enter the license because it is saying I am running developer. When I quit developer and just let server run (on the Win2003K server) http://serveraddressIP:8080/servoy-admin will not work. It is running as a windoze service!

I have followed the instructions in Server book over and over and can't figure out what's wrong. It doesn't say anything about hitting it from another machine or about quiting Developer to get the license info input.

Please help! I'm getting pressure from the top to deploy!
Providence
Providence1

Postby IT2Be » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:47 pm

I don't know what you are doing wrong. Just too little info. What I do know is that you can run the administrator locallly and that you indeed can't set the client license from within the developer.

But, do you have the correct settings for the port that you use?

There is a way to set the licenses directly into the servoy properties but unless you know what you are doing I wouldn't do that. Besides there is the fact that something seems to be wrong.

Do you see the client startup page? Is there an issue with service-pack 2?

Cheers,

Marcel
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby Providence1 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:37 am

Marcel:

I don't know what you are doing wrong. Just too little info. What I do know is that you can run the administrator locallly and that you indeed can't set the client license from within the developer.

The administrator will not run locally on the Win2003 Server. It will only run remotely from another machine and it will only work if Developer is launched!

But, do you have the correct settings for the port that you use?

I'm using the default port 1099.

Do you see the client startup page? Is there an issue with service-pack 2?

If I try to hit the server from the same machine the browser is on I get the client startup page. No admin/server pages.

JM
Providence
Providence1

Return to Servoy Server