Problem Deploying Client

Questions and Answers on installation, deployment, management, locking, tranasactions of Servoy Application Server

Problem Deploying Client

Postby Tony_Adrian » Sun May 18, 2003 2:50 pm

I have the CRM demo on Windows 2000 with the developers license. After starting Servoy Server on this Win2K machine I am able to run the client on the same Win2K machine, connecting to the Servoy Server and opening the CRM solution without a problem.

After I close this client on the win2K machine I am attempting to deploy and connect the Servoy Client on either one of my windows XP Home Edition laptops. Neither can connect but I have a different problem on each:

Machine 1: I get to the web page OK. I have the latest Java RT installed (1.41-b21). When launching the "Start: Servoy Client" link on the web page I get the following error -

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents and Settings\Tony Adrian\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\BUWNF58L\servoy_client[1].jnlp (The system cannot find the file specified)

at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.main(Unknown Source)

Problem Machine 2 -
Machine 2: I get to the web page OK. I have the latest Java RT installed (1.41-b21). After launching the "Start: Servoy Client" link on the web page I successfully downloaded the solution but before the solution was visible it exited. After again clicking on the "Start: Servoy Client" link I was asked if I wanted to put the Servoy Client shortcut on my desktop. This I did. Now even with the Servoy Client shortcut on the desktop I never get a look at the client nor an error message. The Java Web start looks for the latest client then appears to launch the client but exits immedietly.

Any assistance is appreciated.
Tony Adrian RN

Nursing Data Inc.
A Medicare Approved Software Billing Vendor
Database/Document Management for the Health Care Industry
Servoy, Sybase, Lotus Domino/Notes
Tel: (337) 394-8548
Fax: (337) 394-8504
sales@NursingData.com
Tony_Adrian

Postby Jan Aleman » Sun May 25, 2003 4:33 am

In general this problems occurr with a large number of files in the Internet Explorer cache, somehow windows get confused and can't find the temp files it just downloaded anymore. Can you try to empty your cache and retry? Also if possible try using a different webbrowser for example Netscape or Mozilla.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Clearing then cache worked

Postby Tony_Adrian » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:21 pm

In IE 6 on Windows XP

Tools > Internet Options > Temporary Internet Files > Delete Files

Took over 10 minutes.

Thanks Jan.
Tony Adrian RN

Nursing Data Inc.
A Medicare Approved Software Billing Vendor
Database/Document Management for the Health Care Industry
Servoy, Sybase, Lotus Domino/Notes
Tel: (337) 394-8548
Fax: (337) 394-8504
sales@NursingData.com
Tony_Adrian

client problem

Postby Harjo » Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:59 pm

I have a Servoy Server with local-ipadres: 192.168.100.23
Everything is working fine! So far so good
Now I want to make the solution, visible for the world,
so I forwarded port 83 and 1099 in my firewall to local-ipadres: 192.168.100.23
and filled in my WANipadres: 218.56.13.80 (fake) in the section: Application Preferences. Everything is working fine for the clients outside the firewall. But now the clients inside the workgroup (inside the ip-range) can't login anymore. If I delete the WANipadres, everything for the localclients is working fine again, but han the externalclients can't open the solution no more!

Am I overlooking something??
Harjo

Return to Servoy Server