Connecting Developer To Server

Questions and Answers on installation, deployment, management, locking, tranasactions of Servoy Application Server

Connecting Developer To Server

Postby drgibblet » Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:22 am

Hello. I am trying to connect to a Servoy server machine from another machine running Servoy developer. I setup a db server on the developer machine with the following server URL:

jdbc:firebirdsql:192.168.0.128/3050:C:\Program Files\Servoy/database/Servoy.gdb?lc_ctype=WIN1252

The db server is created with no problems, but I still do not know how to connect the developer machine to the solution that is on the Servoy server. I am a new to Servoy, so please bear with me.
drgibblet

Postby david » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:45 pm

First, on the developer computer switch all the servoy specific database connections to point to the repository on the server computer. These are:

log_server
migration_server
repository_server
user_data
example_data (optional)

This basically just entails changing "localhost" with the IP address of server.

Next, recreate on the developer computer any other database connections that your custom solution uses. This is exactly as above except that if you are using a database other than firebird, make sure that the username and password that you connect with is allowed from your developer machine IP address.

With these changes servoy developer on a separate machine behaves like servoy developer would behave if running on the servoy server machine.

- david
david

Return to Servoy Server