Smart client freezes on MacOS X 10.5.6

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

Smart client freezes on MacOS X 10.5.6

Postby andrang » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:31 pm

I installed Servoy 4.1. on MacOS X 10.5.6. It works quite well. But I can't start the client from the Servoy developer menu. First the client opens a blanc window with the title "Client". But then the process and the developer freeze completely. The webclient works well.

I've installed all the upgrades from Apple, including Java 1.5, working on MacPro with Intel. The same thing happens also on a MacBook. What could be the problem or (better :D ) the solution?

I'd like to start working with Servoy. Hopefully there is a help out there!?

Thanks and regard,
Reto
andrang

Re: Smart client freezes on MacOS X 10.5.6

Postby IT2Be » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:04 am

And, what happens when you start the client from the browser (http://localhost:8080)?
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby rgansevles » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:24 am

Reto,

Does this happen with any solution?
Can you try some of the sample solutions that come with Servoy?

Rob
Rob Gansevles
Servoy
rgansevles

Postby andrang » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:36 am

Thank you for the quick reply.
rgansevles wrote:Does this happen with any solution?
Can you try some of the sample solutions that come with Servoy?
Rob

The smart client freezes in any solution, in the samples and in my own.

IT2Be wrote:And, what happens when you start the client from the browser (http://localhost:8080)?

In this case I get the following message:
"Starting of webstart clients not possible from developer (running an application server)"
(If I unterstand correctly, I can start the Smart Client only when I install Servoy as a Server… and I'm not there at the moment.)

Maybe it have something to do with loading the records or the "layout" or "?". I made a try with a solution expanded with login: When I try to start the Smart Client, Servoy Dev opens the blanc login window and waits probably for the password. It doesn't freeze, but there is no field to enter the user data.

I attach the error message and a part from the system.log from MacOS X. Maybe there is an answer!?

Thanks!
Reto
Attachments
system_log.txt
log system
(2.19 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
smartClientFreezeError.txt
SmartClientFreeze
(221.15 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
andrang

Postby andrang » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:33 pm

andrang wrote:I installed Servoy 4.1. on MacOS X 10.5.6. It works quite well. But I can't start the client from the Servoy developer menu. First the client opens a blanc window with the title "Client". But then the process and the developer freeze completely. The webclient works well.

After some long day full of frustation I will try again to find a answer to my question.
The smart client from the developer version does not work on MacOS X 10.5.6 (Java 1.5). Also the command "Show i18N Dialog" (Menu "Action") has the same effekt: It opens a empty window and then the Developer freezes. I made serveral new installations on two computers. Directly after a reinstall I can repeat the crash any time in any tryout solution from Servoy.

A Servoy Developer installation on a virtuell Windows XP Pro on vmware/MacOS X works perfektly.
How could I fix this problem? Is there another MacOS X 10.5.6 user who has the same problem or dosn't have the problem? Or is there another MacOS X 10.5.6 user who had the same problem and found a way to fix it?
Thanks for any help!
Reto
andrang

Return to Servoy Client