Computer's Getting Sleepy

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

Computer's Getting Sleepy

Postby chico » Sat May 30, 2009 3:46 am

We've noticed that often times, we have users who have energy settings where their computer goes to sleep.

When this happens and they are connected to our solution, the solution locks up and becomes very hard to quit (sometimes requiring a force quit)

Now, we've been telling them to simply not have their computer goto sleep if at all possible, or quit out of the solution when they're done... but you all know users. :P

Is there anything that can be done to have the client reestablish a connection after it comes back on line OR is this just one of those things you have to tell the user that "that's just the way it is"

?

Thanks,

Chico
--------------------------------------------
Servoy Version: 6.0.3
DB: MySQL 5.1
Win XP/Vista/7 - Java 5u20 / 6u22
OS X - 10.6.5 - Java 5/6 update 3
chico

Re: Computer's Getting Sleepy

Postby Andrei Costescu » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:00 pm

That should work. I tried it two times right now (although I only left it a couple of minutes), and I had no problem continuing to use the solution after stand by.
I also use hibernate quite often and it works after the network connection is restored. While connection is not available it shows a popup saying that the connection is lost and you can wait for it to come back or close the app.

So I don't know why you have trouble with this... Is this reproducible? What version of Servoy are you on?
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Re: Computer's Getting Sleepy

Postby chico » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:49 pm

We're on 4.2.3.

We''ll do some testing inhouse to see if we can reproduce it.

Thanks.
--------------------------------------------
Servoy Version: 6.0.3
DB: MySQL 5.1
Win XP/Vista/7 - Java 5u20 / 6u22
OS X - 10.6.5 - Java 5/6 update 3
chico

Return to Servoy Client