Java Cache

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

Java Cache

Postby juliaaano » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:49 am

Hello,

We have a little problem when updating a new version of a solution. Every time this update includes a change in one of our plugins we are forced to clear the client's Java cache to make it work. We have to do this to all the clients that previously used the application before.

Why Servoy is not updating the client with the new jars from new version of the plugin? How can we configure in a way the client doesn't have to manually clear the cache after every update? We do not want to disable the Java caching, we need that active in all clients.

Thank you.
Juliano Mohr
Information Analyst
The Service Manager (TSM)
Email: jmohr@theservicemanager.com
juliaaano

Re: Java Cache

Postby patrick » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:38 am

Are you also touching the jnlp files that come with the plugin? I think if that is changed, the chance that the server packs the updated version is higher.
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Postby juliaaano » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:03 am

I'm not touching. What should I change in the file? Just changing the date modified would be enough?

Thank you.
Juliano Mohr
Information Analyst
The Service Manager (TSM)
Email: jmohr@theservicemanager.com
juliaaano

Postby jcompagner » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:27 am

Yes just touch (save) the jnlp file once so that the modification date is changed.
That should do the trick.

In 5.1.3 this is not needed anymore. There the version information of a plugin is calculated way better and we will insert version information on all jar and extension tags of a plugin.jnlp
for an extension this is recursive so it will uses all time stamps of all the jnlp and jar files it touches.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Servoy Client