Warning message in smart client

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

Warning message in smart client

Postby msedita » Tue May 04, 2010 5:39 pm

Anyone have any ideas why I would receive this message in smart client java console:

Warn - Debug - Could not connect next foundset chunk, re-loading entire PK set

It occurs when adding a record. It seems to add OK, should I be concerned?
Michael Sedita
MS Health Software Corp.
Developers of software solutions for behavioral healthcare and social service providers.
www.mshealth.com
msedita

Re: Warning message in smart client

Postby msedita » Tue May 04, 2010 6:34 pm

Actually I have other problems as well. When I try adding a record to several different tables,I get: "Exception Object: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not retrieve more form data" and no record is added. However, on one table, if I then delete a record, I'm able to add more records to that table sucessfully.
Michael Sedita
MS Health Software Corp.
Developers of software solutions for behavioral healthcare and social service providers.
www.mshealth.com
msedita

Postby msedita » Wed May 05, 2010 3:14 pm

Just to provide more info, this is server 5.1.2, java 1.6 u20 54 bit on Windows Vista. Anyone have ideas on how to get more info about what exactly is happening? The only error reporting is in the java console, and all I get there is the exception.
Michael Sedita
MS Health Software Corp.
www.mshealth.com
msedita

Postby rgansevles » Thu May 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Michael,

Servoy works in chunks of 200 records when PKs are retieved from the database.
When you start working on a foundset, the first 200 PKs are loaded. If you work through the foundset, when you use record 200, the second chunk (201-400) is retrieved.
There is a check that these 2 chunks match (in case records are added/deleted during this time), when they don't match the message (Could not connect next foundset chunk, re-loading entire PK set) is logged and PKs 1-400 are re-loaded.

Can you describe the exact scenario this happens?

About the RuntimeException, can you also show the accompanying stack trace?

Rob
Rob Gansevles
Servoy
rgansevles

Postby msedita » Thu May 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Thanks Rob. What I am working with here is a database that was converted from an older non-Servoy application. The structure is not exactly the same as the database the solution was developed with. The tables and column names are the same, but in some cases the column data type or length are different. So the dbis don't match the database. This is going to happen to us a lot as our customers migrate from our old application, where they were allowed to change these attributes.

This may be the cause of the problem. However, after changing a few things in the data structure and a few things in our solution, it seems to be OK. I'm sure though, that I'm going to run into this again. Any advise on developing in this environment, where I don't want to have to create a custom solution for each customer, where the only difference is data types and lengths?
Michael Sedita
MS Health Software Corp.
www.mshealth.com
msedita

Return to Servoy Client