Time Zone. Citrix

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

Time Zone. Citrix

Postby maservoy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:40 am

I have a problem with clients running on Citrix. I don't get the right time zone.
This is my configuration...

[1]. Servoy app server in Spain. Spanish time zone. Locale settings: servoy.use.client.timezone TRUE
[2]. Citrix server in Spain. Spanish time zone.
[3]. Servoy client in Portugal. Portuguese time zone.

The CITRIX client executing Servoy is on a Portuguese PC with Portuguese time zone.
Both the PCs and the CITRIX connection show the correct time (the Portuguese time, of coarse)
Servoy client running over the CITRIX connection always shows the Spanish time.

Any idea of what might be going wrong?
Thanks in advance...
maservoy

Re: Time Zone. Citrix

Postby Harjo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:43 am

Because Citrix is in Spain, you get the spain timezone!! Does not matter from which country you connect!
Harjo

Postby omar » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:54 pm

According to the documentation when servoy.use.client.timezone = true it shouldn't matter if the server has another locale. The users datetime entries should be converted to match that of the server so that when other users look at the same datetime in their locale it still matches reality as is the case for this forum.

However, in this thread https://www.servoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10552 users have experienced the opposite behaviour and Jan and Johan have different opinions on how it works. So it may seem worth a try to try it with use.client.timezone = false. It should be noted though that this thread is from 2008 so maybe they have fixed (or broken :wink: ) it in the meantime. There used to be a section 'Working with Timezones' in the Wiki but the link has died.

Have you checked if the clients preferences are not explicitly set to Spanish Locale?

Hope this helps...
Intrasoft, Founder
Omar van Galen
omar@intrasoft.nl
+31-(0)6-21234586
Servoy Developer
omar

Postby Harjo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:09 pm

Omar, citrix is a session in Spain!! Citrix is like Remote Desktop, so if the Citrix server is locale:Spain, than you get the local from Spain, dispite you connect from Portugal or Russia, or whatsoever
Harjo

Postby omar » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi Harjo,

I understand, but if you explicitly set the clients user preferences to portugese locale shouldn't that be respected? When I set my machine locale to Spanish and my servoy client preference to Portugese or whatever, that is what it should display :? And if it converts my datetime entries to the servers locale then that should be no problem. Correct me if I am wrong?
Intrasoft, Founder
Omar van Galen
omar@intrasoft.nl
+31-(0)6-21234586
Servoy Developer
omar

Postby Harjo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:29 pm

Yes, but you should set that in your citrix session and not in your local settings! Most of the time you dont have the rights to do that in a citrix session.
Harjo

Return to Servoy Client