unable to download application - smart client

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

unable to download application - smart client

Postby vsoong » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:57 am

After I have started the application server, I tried to setup smart client by going to localhost:8080. After the pressing the servoy logo I expect something would be downloaded.

There is no download because the download application bar is not running in the "start application window". (There is just a little bit of download and then it stops).

I am using Servoy 6.1.0. JRE is version 1.7.0. Operating systems is Windows 7 Home.

What's the problem?
vsoong

Re: unable to download application - smart client

Postby vsoong » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:09 am

I have finally managed to install the smart client. How? By shutting all the anti-virus software. Just like that.
I have enabled the anti-virus software again after the installation and smart client is still working. :D
vsoong

Re: unable to download application - smart client

Postby omar » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:40 am

Hi,

Depending on your firewall software during installation you will see a small dialog (sometimes minimized so look for it) that will ask your permission to let Servoy get through the firewall to connect to PostgreSQL for instance. It is important to confirm this request otherwise you will see this kind of behaviour or will not be able to access the database.

Cheers,
Intrasoft, Founder
Omar van Galen
omar@intrasoft.nl
+31-(0)6-21234586
Servoy Developer
omar

Return to Servoy Client