Java 7 Mac and Servoy Smart Clients

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

Java 7 Mac and Servoy Smart Clients

Postby bevil » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:53 pm

Hello all

My laptop is being repaired, and I am having to use another machine temporarily

I have always avoided upgrading to Java 7 because I have been able to make 6 work fine for myself and my clients, and I could do it now on this machine, however it does seem a better idea to figure out what is wrong with 7 and move on.

My machine is currently an iMac running 10.8.4, and I have just upgraded Java to version 7 update 25 (build 1.7.0_25-b15)

When I try to run a client from ANY of my deployed solutions, or either of our own servers, I get a big empty grey window, and nothing more.

The Console tells me:

Code: Select all
Jun 27, 2013 5:36:46 PM com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug error
SEVERE: Remote Socket connection failed for the 4 time (trying 10times) for request port: 3032 sockets created to www.templeton-smith.com:1099
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
   at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
   at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339)
   at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:200)
   at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)
   at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
   at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:579)
   at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:528)
   at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:425)
   at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:208)
   at com.servoy.j2db.util.rmi.Zj.run(Zj.java:19)

I have cleared out my caches, allowed java certificates, and tried direct connection, but nothing works. I have also tried connecting to both local servers on my subnet (with no firewalls), and remote servers over the internet..

If I leave it for long enough, I get 'no licenses or trial licenses left, exiting' error.

If I run with Java 1.6, it works on all clients no problems.

Servoy developer (and debug client) seems to work okay.

What is the magic trick to make servoy client work with Mac Java 7??

Thanks for any help.

Bevil
bevil

Re: Java 7 Mac and Servoy Smart Clients

Postby IT2Be » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi Bevil, could this (in any way) related to this: viewtopic.php?p=105917#p105917
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby david » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:43 pm

You need to start with this: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5559 just to get past the "big empty grey window". Basically, every time apple or oracle does a java update, you have to run those commands.

Then, if you're running browser suite Patrick put up these instructions (which did the trick for us): viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19631&p=105842#p105845
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Postby bevil » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi Marcel,

I don't think it is the same issue as that, I get a 'cannot connect to server' issue and am on Mac, whereas they're getting different errors, and are on windows.. And there doesn't seem to be much of a solution there.

Hi David

I do know how to roll back to Java 1.6, thats not a problem, however shouldn't this all work with Java 7 or is the 7 element just for developer.. Are we ever going to be able to use java 7 webstart with Servoy smart client?

I guess I'll roll back webstart to 6.. Also, I DO use the Usermanagerpro plugin from patrick, and the browser suite on one solution..

I guess I have to roll the whole lot back to 6..
bevil

Return to Servoy Client