Servoy Client Hangs

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

Servoy Client Hangs

Postby mpwiedemann » Tue May 04, 2004 6:56 pm

I have a Wndows XP pc on which I'm attempting to run the Servoy client. Servoy v 2.0. Loading of the JRE and starting of the client works fine until it gets to the "Select Solution" dialog. It displays the solutions and allows me to choose one, but after that it just hangs.

I have removed the JRE and re-installed several times with the same results. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Martin
mpwiedemann

Postby Jan Blok » Thu May 06, 2004 4:09 pm

-Is this happening for all your clients?
-Could you enable the webstart console in java webstart? (or log output to file.) then try to start again and mail us the output when failed.
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby mpwiedemann » Fri May 07, 2004 8:34 am

Hi Jan,

No, just the one. It is a new Compaq laptop with Windows XP. We looked hard at this problem and we think that it may have been caused by the default Compaq/HP install of the OS. It installed the Sun JRE 1.4.2_02 (without us knowing) by default. That JRE would not show in the Windows Add/Remove programs section. And when starting up the Servoy client from the browser, the system would think that there was no JRE installed. So it would download the 1.4.2_04 JRE and install it. I'm assuming that the two different versions of the JRE were causing the problem?

After slicking the HD and disabling the default Compaq install of the 1.4.2_02 JRE, all went fine. :D

Thanks much,
Martin
mpwiedemann

Postby automazione » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:26 am

Hi,
Same problem with two HP-Compaq NX7000 laptop XP PRO SP1. After selecting an application in servoy client the network connection (cable or wifi) always fails (absolutely dead - reboot required). If I do not use servoy client everything works fine. I have done some test, formatted and reloaded several times the system from scratch with these resoults:

1. NIC Fast Ethernet PCI Realtek RTL8139 Family will work fine only using the original windows drivers, if I upgrade the drivers from HP or Realtek the Servoy client will fail (if it works 8) do not fix it )

2. Intel(R) PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter) always fails with Servoy client. I changed access point, various drivers and settings but with no luck. WiFi is working fine on other applications.

Servoy 2.04
Windows XP PRO SP1 with ot without the microsoft updates applied.

Any idea or suggestion?

ciao
Enrico Arata
Servoy Italia
automazione

Postby Jan Blok » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:26 am

While it looks dead it is waiting to access the server on the RMI port, normally this takes 0.3 seconds, but the timeout is 3 minutes, try to wait once for 3 minutes to confirm this machine cannot talkback to the server.
(if you are sure the server port is open on your firewall, you might want to check if you are using a proxy server which denies access to the rmi port)
BTW proxy settings can be found on windows via Internet explorer->tools menu->Internet options -> Connections tab -> LAN settings button
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby automazione » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:54 am

Hi Jan, thanks for the quick response,

No proxy settings,
No firewall involved, I'm in the local network (but disabled the hardware firewall of the net for doing some testing anyway)
After 3 minutes I get the "cannot connect to client message"
The network connection goes dead... (continous ping to local network machine (not the server) stops pinging...)
Other clients works fine.

The NX7000 with the default standard XP nic drivers works fine but no way to start client application in WiFi. If I upgrade the nic driver the client connection (by wire) stop working with the same behaviour of the WiFi connection.
Enrico Arata
Servoy Italia
automazione

Postby Jan Aleman » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:49 am

It has to be a driver/hardware problem beyond our control.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby automazione » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:59 am

jaleman wrote:It has to be a driver/hardware problem beyond our control.

Yes, I also think so. If someone out there has a similar machine working fine, please let me know. Thanks a lot. Ciao.
Enrico Arata
Servoy Italia
automazione

Postby Harjo » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:24 am

I use this one: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter

in my laptop too!

never had any problems
Harjo

Postby jcompagner » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:37 pm

What kind of settings are you using on the server?
Do you have 2 way socket enabled?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby automazione » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:10 pm

jcompagner wrote:What kind of settings are you using on the server?
Do you have 2 way socket enabled?

java.rmi.server.hostname: 127.0.0.1
servoy.rmiStartPort: 1099
SocketFactory.useTwoWaySocket: YES
SocketFactory.useSSL:NO
SocketFactory.SSLKeystorePassphrase:
SocketFactory.SSLKeystorePath:
Enrico Arata
Servoy Italia
automazione

Postby jcompagner » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:39 pm

ok. Then start the server in tracing mode.
so something like this:

java -DSTACKTRACE=TRUE -Djava.awt.headless=true -classpath .;lib\commons-collections.jar;lib\commons-dbcp.jar;lib\commons-pool.jar;lib\activation.jar;lib\antlr.jar;lib\j2db.jar;lib\j2dbdev.jar;lib\compat141.jar;lib\jndi.jar;lib\js.jar;lib\jta.jar;lib\mail.jar;lib\jug.jar;lib\jdbc2_0-stdext.jar;lib\naming-common.jar;lib\naming-resources.jar;lib\servlet.jar;lib\xerces.jar;lib\server-bootstrap.jar;lib\commons-fileupload-1.0.jar;lib\commons-logging.jar;lib\hibernate2.jar com.servoy.j2db.server.ApplicationServer

Then connect with a client to it and give me the output of youre server (in the console)
You should see what kind of connections the server tries to make back to the client.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Servoy Client