Immediate timeouts for web clients.

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

Re: Immediate timeouts for web clients.

Postby AlanBourke » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:56 pm

Remind me again how web apps are the way of the future.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Servoy SAN Developer
AlanBourke

Postby david » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:44 pm

AlanBourke wrote:Same behaviour with 6.1.6

Random 'Page invalid'.

Since it all works fine via localhost I am beginning to suspect something is causing Tomcat sessions to timeout, but I have no idea how I would go about establishing that.

Progress...you've ruled out Servoy version. And I would say it's a low chance the issue is in your code since no log errors are thrown and it works on localhost.

Next up is eliminating issues with the server. So...Servoy settings, various machine specific settings, database connections, database setup and performance, memory utilization, disk performance, etc etc.

If that all clears then you have to look at the network. Speed, ping, firewalls, routers, wireless routers, proxies....

After 10 years of setting up Servoy servers and hosting, we've run into issues with just about everything (and more) in the above list at one time or another. Yesterday alone for example one team member was rebuilding a 14 disk raid 10 array for main data center and another was getting a random Servoy-based ISV on-premise install up and running again in some part of the world. Thankfully not every day is like this!

So if you don't want to deal with this stuff there are people around on this forum who might be able to help.....
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Postby AlanBourke » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Well, I'm going to put WireShark on the server and see what is happening at the HTTP level. Maybe that will show something up.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Servoy SAN Developer
AlanBourke

Previous

Return to Servoy Client