Client with Servoy Version R2 2.1beta5

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

Client with Servoy Version R2 2.1beta5

Postby vlalor » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:22 pm

Hi - I was wondering if there was anything special about setting up the client to work with the beta version. I was running the regular release, then we updated to the R2 2.1beta5 version of Servoy. My client downloaded new files but then gave me the following error - similar to another user's problem...

Java Web Start - Launch Error:

An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Servoy Client
Vendor: Servoy
Category: Launch File Error

JAR resources in JNLP file are not signed by same certificate

We tried both inside the firewall and outside - both connections allowed the client to download files, but both give the same error message...your thoughts?
Regards, Valerie
vlalor

Found a solution: Client with Servoy Version R2 2.1beta5

Postby vlalor » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:55 pm

Well, I continued to try other things and hit on this:ted the javaws.exe from the JAVA WEB START folder - this gave me the error I expected. So I reinstalled the Java Web Start program. I tried Client again - it installed the files as it had before and gave a different error this time. Whe I tried to launch client again (to grab the error message to post here) it connected correctly.

I had my outside-the-firewall-user try this and he was successful in connecting with the client as well. I have no truely accurate explanation of what we did - other than to say we reverted to the bull-in-the-china-shop mentality and deleted an EXE.

Hope this helps others who may experience this problem.
Regards, Valerie
vlalor

Return to Servoy Client