"Could not retrieve form data" ?

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

"Could not retrieve form data" ?

Postby Jake_L » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:34 pm

I have a solution that loads fine here in Developer, but when I try to load it in Client I get "Could not retrieve form data" but no more information as to why. I'm running Servoy Developer Version R2 2.1-build 310 / Java version 1.4.2_04-b05 (Windows XP), but have a report of another developer on OS X who is getting the same error message from the Client.

I've searched the Forums quite a bit, but the only lead I found was the old "no PK" problem, but as these tables were created from Servoy, this is not the case. The backend db is MySQL-Max 4.0.18 running on OS X 10.3.5. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thank you,

Jake L.
Jake_L

Postby Odysseus » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:44 am

Well, I'm getting that same message from time to time but in Developer when i'm switching out of Designer mode. What I usually do is switch back and forth and the message goes away.

Since the mysql is at the ISP and Servoy Server is on my lan, I was assuming the problem has to do with latency. Haven't look any deeper for the moment
Odysseus

Citizen of Old Europe
Odysseus

Re: "Could not retrieve form data" ?

Postby Jake_L » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:50 am

I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but I did notice that I was running different versions of Servoy locally than on the server, but more importantly, once I had upgraded the server and ran developer there, I was able to get an error message that alerted me to the fact that I had not set up the same db server for the solution on the server as I had on my own machine, even though both installations are using the same repository.

So, on that topic -- if anyone wants to share -- how to manage distributed development -- should everyone be using a copy of the same Servoy.properties file?

Thanks,

Jake L.
Jake_L

Return to Servoy Client