Servoy Client with Windows XP Home Edition

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

Servoy Client with Windows XP Home Edition

Postby Westy » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:12 pm

I had originally assumed that Windows XP Home Edition should not be used as a Servoy Client. However, a customer indicated that it does work.

Now the customer reports that he is able to maintain a connection only for a couple of days and then he is no longer able to connect at all. When he can no longer connect to his own server remotely, he is still able to remotely connect to the Servoy demo solution from Servoy's site.

Using Window XP Professional and Servoy Client from my own office, I can consistantly connect to this customer's remote Servoy solution.

We have been going around in circles trying to resolve this situation for several weeks now. I am starting to wonder if Windows XP Home Editon may have some kind of built in limitation that does not allow it to be used as a Servoy Client for more than a couple of days.

Is anyone else out there using a Windows XP Home Edition pc as a Servoy Client? If so, have you been able to use it for more than two days at a time?
Westy

Postby Jan Aleman » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:57 am

For Servoy there is no difference between XP Home and Pro, so that's not where the problem lies. I'd suspect the problem to be caused by either some kind of add-on security software or by a faulty driver of some piece of hardware.
Some additionaly troubleshooting steps:

-Update all drivers (particularly network and video) to the latest
-Update anti-virus/firewall/security soft to the latest version
-Uninstall all versions of Java and install the latest version of Java 1.4.2
-Clear webstart cache and webbrowser cache
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Return to Servoy Client