deploying client

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

deploying client

Postby Harjo » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:34 pm

I have a Servoy Server with local-ipadres: 192.168.100.23
Everything is working fine! So far so good
Now I want to make the solution, visible for the world,
so I forwarded port 83 and 1099 in my firewall to local-ipadres: 192.168.100.23
and filled in my WANipadres: 218.56.13.80 (fake, so you don't have to try anything! :lol: ) in the section: Application Preferences. Everything is working fine for the clients outside the firewall. But now the clients inside the workgroup (inside the ip-range) can't login anymore. If I delete the WANipadres, everything for the localclients is working fine again, but han the externalclients can't open the solution no more!

Am I overlooking something??
Harjo

Postby Harjo » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:42 pm

Does anybody have an answer of this problem?
Harjo

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:42 pm

I have done an identical thing and it works perfectly. I assume that your internal clients are not trying to connect to your external address?? They should be connecting to the internal address (192.168.x.x) while external machines must connect to the world facing ip address. Port forwarding is what will make it all work. You also don't need to tell Servoy about your wan/lan ip address, it is beyond the end of the TCP/IP stack so will accept whoever tries to connect (192.168.x.x locally, or anyone-out-there-in-the-world being port forwarded to your Servoy server). Furthermore, I am not sure why you port forwarded either 83 OR 1099. I just port forwarded 8080 (the servoy Java webstart port) and it worked a treat.

Good luck :?

Return to Servoy Client