Making Client preferences sticky

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

Making Client preferences sticky

Postby Morley » Mon May 16, 2005 7:33 pm

I've set LookAndFeel to Kunststoff in Preferences. My Windows users get that LAF, however my Mac users don't. If my users reset their preference to Kunststoff LAF it lasts for that session only. A reboot returns to Apple's default, which doesn't work for my solution.

How does one make a specific LAF the default and sticky, all users no matter what platform unless they specifically make the switch themselves?
Morley Chalmers
7Office Inc.
Morley

Postby antonio » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:10 pm

Hi Morley, did you ever get this sorted?

I also see on the Mac that the Kunststoff LAF puts the menus in the the Servoy window, not on the menubar at the top of the screen.

What's your advice on LAFs for cross platform solutions?
Tony
Servoy 8 - 2022.03 LTS
antonio

Postby Morley » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:37 pm

Yes, found the solution. On the server I shut down Servoy Server, launched Developer, went to preferences and chose the LAF I preferred. Quit and launched Servoy Server. On the Admin pages Home Page under Client OS Integration I switched the pushLnfToMac popup to True.

It helps that my server happens to be an Xserve. But I'm unsure whether that should matter.

Now both platforms will see the preferred setting and use the preferred LAF. As much as I love the Mac, I prefer to have an identical LAF between platforms and the Kunststoff has been very good.

Hope this helps.
Morley Chalmers
7Office Inc.
Morley

Postby antonio » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:58 pm

Thanks for the quick response, Morley.

With Kunststoff on the MAC, do you get the menus in the Servoy window, not on the menubar as we'd expect for Mac apps? Do your users notice/comment on this?
Tony
Servoy 8 - 2022.03 LTS
antonio

Postby Morley » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:37 am

antonio wrote:Thanks for the quick response, Morley.

With Kunststoff on the Mac, do you get the menus in the Servoy window, not on the menubar as we'd expect for Mac apps? Do your users notice/comment on this?
In the Servoy window rather than the Mac's menu bar. I've not investigated what can be done about this, but I'd like to address it down the road.
Morley Chalmers
7Office Inc.
Morley

Return to Servoy Client