Mac Menubar

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

Mac Menubar

Postby dharlow » Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:36 am

I recently started testing Servoy as a developer and showing it to my clients for possible use in the near future. One of the things that was pointed out to me by one of my clients that on the Mac the menu bar for the client is in the window and not across the top. From what I understand and my past experience this should not be too difficult to implement (and it seems to be done in the developer edition).

Is there any chance of getting this fixed soon, this was a bit of a turn off to them.

Thanks,

Daniel
dharlow

Postby Jan Aleman » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:34 am

It's a bug in Apple's leatest Java release. It worked fine with Apple Java 1.4.1, 3 weeks ago Apple released Java 1.4.1 UPDATE 1, which introduced some interesting unwanted features such as: disabling the command key and webstart now doesnt place the menubar in the right place. We have good hope that Apple will fix their fix soon, if you go to the Apple Java-lists you might notice that this last update Apple sent out was not the most brilliant update mankind has known so far.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby dharlow » Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:40 pm

Well that would be a problem. Sounds like the update was like the 10.2.8 problems.

Though it probably has already been done I will also file it on RadarWeb as every report helps.

Daniel
dharlow

Postby dharlow » Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:21 am

Seems this is fixed with the latest release up at http://demo.servoy.com:8080

So this was this not an Apple Java problem?

Daniel
dharlow

Postby Jan Aleman » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:48 am

Yes and no. Apple changed the behaviour between the releases, we have now adjusted to it.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Return to Servoy Client