client license problem

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

client license problem

Postby gstein » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:37 pm

When I try to open a client on my local computer (using http:\\localhost:8080), the client opens and I get the select solution dialog box with all of my local solutions displayed, but I also get a popup window that says: "No licenses or trial licenses left. Exiting", but if I go to the license tab in developer it says I have two valid developer licenses.

What do I need to do?
gstein

Postby IT2Be » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:57 pm

a developer license is something else as a client license but you should be able to run 2 client licenses (by heart) from a developer license.

I remember there was a thread mentioning the fact that the pdf plugin also takes a client license. Are you using that plugin maybe?

This is all guessing! I never experienced such a thing...
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby Jan Aleman » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:45 pm

You get that message if you run server with a developer license. To use the client license of developer launch developer, not server and it will work.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby NB » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:58 pm

Today I am getting that very same "no licenses or trial licenses left" message, no matter what solution I try to open -- whether from two different remote solutions hosted by Server (and I am positive both sites have valid licenses available) or from localhost (with Developer hosting).

I have cleared my java cache and that did not help.

Suggestions?

nomi

(Mac OS X, Java 1.5)
NB

Postby NB » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:55 pm

On the suggestion of a friend, I've also deleted the .servoy directory from my home directory. This did not help either.

nb
NB

Postby Harjo » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:48 pm

goto your servoy-admin pages and click again the button under your licenses
and that is says: you have x license which allows x clients to connect.

Hope this helps
Harjo Kompagnie
ServoyCamp
Servoy Certified Developer
Servoy Valued Professional
SAN Developer
Harjo

Postby NB » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:22 am

Thank you HJK. There are plenty of licenses. I'm seeing the problem even when I attempt to open a solution from localhost:8080.

Client loads, the list of solutions opens, and when I try to open any solution I get the message about not enough license codes. Whether opening locally wtih Developer as the host, or opening off of remote computers with plenty of Client licenses to spare in the admin console.

So the problem is not actually the number of clients, that's only what the alert happens to say. The problem is on my Mac somewhere.

NB
NB

Postby Jan Aleman » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:38 am

Can you turn on your Java console and see if there is an error on the local client machine?
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Postby NB » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:23 am

From the "Details" window in the Client alert:
An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Servoy Client
Vendor: Servoy
Category: Download Error

Unable to load resource: (http://localhost:8080/lib/BrowserLauncher2.jar, 1170098020000)

========================

Re my java console, in Java Preferences (Mac OS X) I have "show java console" turned on, but then I don't know where to find it. It does not actually show when launching Servoy Client.

I tried opening console.app and I found "Java Console.log" under ~/Library/Logs, but it is empty.

Help? Thanks.

Nomi
NB

Never mind (I think)

Postby NB » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:30 am

I trashed all the java-related plist files on my computer (for the second time) and trashed the servoy client.app I'd originally saved and started fresh. This time the client works.

Nomi
NB

Return to Servoy Client