Disabling standard menus in client

Questions, answers, tips and ideas on Servoy Client

Disabling standard menus in client

Postby drookwood » Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:33 pm

Is there a way to disable or remove the standard menus for an individual solution?

In Filemaker I have been using the MenuControl plugin to do this, but cannot yet see a way to do something similar in Servoy though I seem to remember reading in a review somewhere that it was possible (can't find it now of course!).

I know it's possible to not list specific forms in the windows menu, but it would be good to be able to take out some of the other menus as well in some situations.
drookwood

Re: Disabling standard menus in client

Postby drookwood » Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:46 pm

drookwood wrote:Is there a way to disable or remove the standard menus for an individual solution?

In Filemaker I have been using the MenuControl plugin to do this, but cannot yet see a way to do something similar in Servoy though I seem to remember reading in a review somewhere that it was possible (can't find it now of course!).

I know it's possible to not list specific forms in the windows menu, but it would be good to be able to take out some of the other menus as well in some situations.

Nothing like answering your own posts! - just found this on browsing other posts: (odd that a search didn't bring it up though!)

"I the release after 1.2 final it will be possible to add menu's with own methods and remove existing menus"
drookwood

Postby shaikna » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:00 am

How to do this?. As you said it is already available in this forum, can you make a reference link here. Thanks, shaikna.
shaikna

Postby shaikna » Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:02 am

Adding to my previous query, can we hide those standard menu and disable the resizing of main window?. Thanks, shaikna.
shaikna

Postby drookwood » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:46 pm

shaikna wrote:How to do this?. As you said it is already available in this forum, can you make a reference link here. Thanks, shaikna

shaikna wrote:Adding to my previous query, can we hide those standard menu and disable the resizing of main window?. Thanks, shaikna.

This discussion contained the quote, (but no further information):
http://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?t=486

As I far as I can see from this, custom menus wont be a feature until the next full release.
drookwood

Return to Servoy Client