FullCalendar recurring events

Forum to discuss the new web client version of Servoy.

FullCalendar recurring events

Postby drookwood » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:06 pm

I need to be able to display recurring events (ie weekly, monthly) in the calendar using the fullcalendar component but the docs seem to suggest that this is not possible before v4 and I think Servoy still uses v2.6.1. Does anyone know how to achieve this with the version in Servoy? The FullCalendar docs propose use of the rrule plugin to achieve better flexibility for recurring events - can that be used with the component in Servoy?

Any pointers gratefully received!
David Rookwood

SAN Developer
drookwood

Re: FullCalendar recurring events

Postby swingman » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:44 am

Hi David,

Are these repeated events stored as a single event in your data source?
If so, you can work around this by adding a step to duplicate the repeated events manually before loading them into the calendar.

Hope this helps,
Christian Batchelor
Certified Servoy Developer
Batchelor Associates Ltd, London, UK
http://www.batchelorassociates.co.uk

http://www.postgresql.org - The world's most advanced open source database.
swingman

Re: FullCalendar recurring events

Postby drookwood » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:56 am

Hi Christian,

The events I am considering are indeed stored as single events (with repeat interval) and may recur for a specific period only or may recur indefinitely. I had considered duplicating and changing the dates before loading up the calendar but was hoping for a neater solution which the rrule plugin seems to offer - in particular the facility to change a single date in a series or all dates/recurrences in a series. Again, that could be achieved programmatically of course but being able to use the plugin to handle this would have been neat - but apparently not with the version of fullcalendar included in Servoy.
David Rookwood

SAN Developer
drookwood

Return to Servoy NGClient