TiNG Client Webtraffic

Forum to discuss the new web client version of Servoy.

TiNG Client Webtraffic

Postby briese-it » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:45 am

Hello,
I switched from the old smart/web client to TiNG. Everything works fine as long as the client has a good internet connection.
We have about 100 vessels connected via satellite connection and now many ships get a blank screen instead of the Servoy login window.
I can't find any errors in my application and have now checked the load with the online tool https://www.uptrends.de/tools/website-ladezeit-check.
It looks like the login window needs 6,7MB to be displayed. The old web client needs less than 300KB. Can someone explain to me why so much data is needed just to display the home page and how to reduce the size?

2024-04-26 09_31_09-Website Speed Test _ Uptrends.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael Harms
Briese Schiffahrts GmbH & Co.KG, Germany
- Servoy 2024.3.0.3943 + 2020.3.3.3565_LTS Running on Windows 2019 DataCenter - MSSQL2017 & PostGreSQL
briese-it

Re: TiNG Client Webtraffic

Postby paronne » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:18 am

Hi,

in the old web-client the rendering of the page was computed server-side; for any form visited/editited the whole html of that section was transfered server to client.
In NG/TiNG the rendering is fully computed client-side instead, in order to do so the client requires all the clientside resources for every component used upon first load. For this reason the footprint of login form in old web-client is much smaller, however while operating with the client, TiNG will be much quicker because will transfer much less data ( since the rendering is computed clientside footprint of any subsequent interaction is much smaller ).
More components you use & ship with your solutions the higher will be the footprint; to reduce it you can optimize the components in use ( upon WAR export make sure to include only the NG components/services you actually use ).
Do not use a LoginSolution ( will load again some resources since is seen as a different solution ), use a LoginForm or the new Stateless login ( available since https://docs.servoy.com/release-notes/r ... provements ).
And of course make sure your infrastructure allows to benefit from cache, since most of the resources can be cached ( until there is a new build with potential updates in the resources ).

Regards,
Paolo
paronne

Postby briese-it » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:34 am

Hi Paulo,
thank you for your explanation, now it's clearer.
I will try to optimize a little.
In the meantime, I have activated the compression for the website on our firewall and have thus reduced it from 7MB to 1.5MB
Michael Harms
- Servoy 2024.3.0.3943 + 2020.3.3.3565_LTS Running on Windows 2019 DataCenter - MSSQL2017 & PostGreSQL
briese-it

Postby briese-it » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:25 pm

I have now removed a few more components but the white screen still remains.
I would now like to use stateless login, but I lack information on how to implement this, including deeplink etc.
With the documentation on https://docs.servoy.com/guides/develop/ ... entication I can do a normal login, but that is not enough for my application.
Is there a more detailed documentation or a sample solution for stateless login + deeplink?
Michael Harms
briese-it

Postby g.collette » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm

Since you mentioned upgrading from the smart/webclient and ending up with a total white screen, it would be interesting to note the capabilities of the terminals that connect with the application.
Perhaps this is a case of total incompatibility with the new client.
What OS do they run on? What version?
With the webclient, what browser was/is used to access the application?
g.collette

Postby paronne » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:38 pm

Hi Micheal,

if you want to give a try to stateless login you can have a look at this WebBinar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swYq6FdhUbA
If you yet just see a white blank screen, could be some other issues. Have you tried both NG1 and TiNG ?
- if in TiNG check that TiNG components have build correctly
- check there are no issues with websockets ( e.g. proxy in the middle etc.. )

Regards,
Paolo
paronne

Postby briese-it » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:39 pm

g.collette wrote:Since you mentioned upgrading from the smart/webclient and ending up with a total white screen, it would be interesting to note the capabilities of the terminals that connect with the application.
Perhaps this is a case of total incompatibility with the new client.
What OS do they run on? What version?
With the webclient, what browser was/is used to access the application?

it was tested with Chrome, Firefox and Edge. All versions were up to date. Websocket was also tested via corresponding websites. The Websocket and Javascript test pages were all successful.
Windows Versions are Win10 + 11
Michael Harms
briese-it

Postby briese-it » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:58 pm

paronne wrote:Hi Micheal,

if you want to give a try to stateless login you can have a look at this WebBinar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swYq6FdhUbA
If you yet just see a white blank screen, could be some other issues. Have you tried both NG1 and TiNG ?
- if in TiNG check that TiNG components have build correctly
- check there are no issues with websockets ( e.g. proxy in the middle etc.. )

Regards,
Paolo

No, only TiNG.
Thanks for the link but there is also no information about deeplink in combination with stateless login
Michael Harms
briese-it

Return to Servoy NGClient