Two NGCient Solutions

Forum to discuss the new web client version of Servoy.

Two NGCient Solutions

Postby steve1376656734 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:05 pm

Hi,

NGClient solutions must be deployed to a production server via a WAR file but if I have two NGClient solutions that I want to have on the same application server that use the same database how do I deploy the second one? If I do a separate WAR deployment then it will have it's own context and data broadcast between the solutions will not work but the wiki says I cannot simply import the second solution via the server admin page so does anyone know what I should do in this situation?

Thanks
Steve
Steve
SAN Developer
There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't
steve1376656734

Re: Two NGCient Solutions

Postby jdbruijn » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:51 am

You can do a WAR deployment without any solutions included.
After that you can use the admin page to upload your solutions to this server as you can with any existing servoy server.
One of the things you have to keep in mind is that you have to redeploy the application server when you add/change your webcomponents as they are included in the application server.
Jos de Bruijn
Focus Feedback BV
Servoy Certified Developer
jdbruijn

Postby steve1376656734 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:16 am

Thanks Jos.

I'm beginning to understand WAR deployment a little more now and unfortunately the more I understand it the more unfriendly it seems compared to the standard deployment methods!

I'm still struggling to get my first WAR deployment working on my test server as I can't even get the Servoy admin page to come up but I'll keep trying until either it works or it kills me (and at this moment in time it's looking 50:50 :D)

BTW - How was the drive back from ServoyWorld, not too much traffic I hope?

Thanks
Steve
Steve
SAN Developer
There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't
steve1376656734

Postby jdbruijn » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:51 am

I haven't used the WAR deployment yet, so I can not say how (un)friendly it is, I just know what I heard at SW last week.

The drive back was ok, no traffic to speak of. So we were home at a reasonable time.
Jos de Bruijn
Focus Feedback BV
Servoy Certified Developer
jdbruijn

Postby jcompagner » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:54 pm

you can also have 1 extra solution in your workspace that just combines the other 2.
Then if you export you make that extra solution your active one so that both other solutions are exported (and you only use those)

Or yes you can just don't export the active solution and just import it (but then make sure that all the (custom) services/webcomponents are exported correctly) that the ngclient solutions are using.

A plain WAR export is the application server, so instead of you installing or unzipping an application server you now just have to install a WAR file, (copy it in the webapps dir or using a manager app of tomcat to upload it)
So the extra work is installing a tomcat, but from that on it should be exactly the same (you should for example not use the database we ship in our developer install in your application server installation...)

so creating a application server in steps:

1> installing and configuring a database (should be done for both scenario's)
2a> installing or unzipping a servoy application server
2b> installing/unzipping a tomcat
3b> copy the war in the tomcat webapps dir (or upload through manager)
4> upload the solution in the admin page (can be done for both scenario's except the WAR could already have an active solution)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Servoy NGClient